The Namibia Film Commission invites filmmakers to submit their film applications for the 2019/2020 Funding Cycle.
– Namibian registered company.
– The applicant must be the producer, with a team containing a writer/script editor or
– The producer should have the rights to the story with which they apply
– The team must, between them, have at-least two screen credits and the producer must have a producer credit, except for the newcomer category. Only the producer is required to have at-least one producer screen credit.
– All members of the team need not be Namibian.
In assessing applications, the following factors are considered:
– The quality of the project, its central idea and wide audience appeal.
– The marketplace potential of the project.
– The likelihood of the project achieving financial returns.
– The track record and or potential of the principles.
– The proposed level of involvement of the Namibian principals, cast and crew, facilities and locations to be used.
– The economic, employment, industry development and or cultural benefits for Namibia.
Applications (Application forms can be obtained from the Film Commission)
– Provide a complete application form.
– Attach any additional information to support your application.
-Incomplete applications will not be considered.
– Ensure you receive your Application Reference Number upon delivery to the Film Commission office.
-The selected teams must be willing to undergo a two-week script development workshop with a film expert, in Windhoek.
The Funding Categories Are:
2x Newcomer Short Film (N$100 000)
2x Experienced Short Film (N$250 000)
1 Documentary Film (N$300 000)
1 Feature Film (N$1 300 000)
1 Nǃxau ǂToma Film Fund (N$1 000 000)
An information sharing session will be held on 30 May 2019 with filmmakers to discuss the application process in detail.
CLOSING DATE: 28 JUNE 2019
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com or hand delivered at the Namibia Film Commission office, Nr. 17 Cnr of Feld and Newton Street, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek or hard copies mailed to: Namibia Film Commission Projects P.O. Box 41807, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek.
There should be a clear indication on which project you are applying. For any further information contact Mr. Gideon Kamati on 061 381 900.